The New Castle – a royal palace built by king of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth Augustus III in 1742 .
A "silent" session of the Sejm was held here on the night of September 24, 1793 in which the act of the Second Partition of Poland was passed, and November 25, 1795 saw the abdication of the last king of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth Stanisław August Poniatowski.
Grodno State Museum of History and Archaeology
20 Zamkovaya St.
Open daily 10.00 – 18.00 (except Mondays)
Ticket office until 17.30